Italy, Bali, France, Fiji, Phuket, USA, New Zealand...
- you've just been invited to a destination wedding, now to pick your outfit for the special day.
Read our Destination Wedding Fashion Style Guide to put you in the right direction.
From the majestic villas of Europe to the stunning sunsets of Hawaii, going to a wedding in an exotic location is very exciting. Be guided by the wedding location to help you select what to wear; will it be outdoors, in the grounds of a Scottish castle, on a Fijian beach at sunset, or in a beautiful French ballroom?
1. Style your dress to suit the surroundings and the theme of the wedding location by choosing the right colour, fabric and style of your dress. Aquas and pinks teamed with white are great for a beach wedding as they will pick up the colours around you. Go for a lightweight fabric, in a floral or multi-print with a strappy sandal and a flower in your hair.
Amaya dress by Ping Pong
Dakota dress by Michaela Louisa
Flowerbomb dress by Frank Lyman
Echo dress by Frank Lyman
Hibiscus dress by Frank Lyman
If it's a villa wedding you're attending, then opt for more drama - go for a bold shape, intricate lace, beading or a strikingly-modern print. Accessorise with bold jewellery and a gorgeous heel. Think Sophia Loren!
Hydrangea dress by Michaela Louisa
Farrah dress by Joseph Ribkoff
Aura dress by Joseph Ribkoff
Tania dress by Frank Lyman
Peyton dress by Michaela Louisa
2. You'll also want to pack for the events before and after the wedding, like the Rehearsal Dinner and Post-wedding Breakfast. Choose outfits that are still befitting the occasion, but slightly dressed down from your wedding outfit. For the Rehearsal Dinner try a gorgeous shift dress and a shawl, or a slinky pantsuit! For the Post-wedding Breakfast, go for something uber-comfortable and gorgeous... try an INOA kaftan or a gorgeous off-the-shoulder Joseph Ribkoff lace trimmed dress.
Purity Pantsuit by Take That
Sequin Overlay Dress by Joseph Ribkoff
Porsche Jumpsuit by Joseph Ribkoff
Pacifico Kaftan by Inoa
Chiara Dress in powder pink by Joseph Ribkoff
3. Pack light but thoughtfully: you'll want to take enough outfits with you to cater for all the festivities around the destination wedding, but you don't want to be weighed down with too much luggage. Choose lightweight non-crease fabrics that can be rolled up and easily hung up at your hotel to let the creases drop out.
4. Just in case of you face some inclement weather, throw in a jacket or two. Choose a 3/4sleeve length so it will work with any outfit.
Rowan Jacket by Joseph Ribkoff
Mesh Cover Up by Joseph Ribkoff
Sara Sateen Bolero by Montique
At Wardrobe Fashion, we thoughtfully curate our brands to present you with the most beautiful outfit choices for the special wedding day. Jesse Harper dresses and separates, Joseph Ribkoff dresses and Layla Jones dresses are just a few of the many fashion choices we stock that truly meet the needs of the modern Wedding Guest.
Wardrobe Fashion has one of the largest & unique selections of Mother of the Bride dresses, Mother of the Groom dresses, Cocktail Dresses & Wedding Guest fashion in Australia, including popular brands; Layla Jones, Jesse Harper, Zaliea, Joseph Ribkoff, Frank Lyman, Montique, Michaela Louisa, Very Very and more.